Homeowners Insurance in Oswego, Naperville, Plainfield, and St. Charles
Many homeowners don’t have the available cash to rebuild their home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Without homeowners insurance, property damage can leave homeowners without a roof over their head and no way to be reimbursed for the destruction. Contact RKM Insurances Services, Inc. in St. Charles, Illinois, to learn more about our coverage solutions and get a free homeowners insurance quote today.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance, also called home insurance, is a package policy that can protect you and your family from personal liability claims and can provide coverage for costly property damage to your home and personal property. It is a legally binding agreement between you and your insurance company.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Coverage benefits may vary with different home insurance companies, but most homeowners insurance policies will include the following coverages:
- Dwelling coverage can pay to repair or replace structural elements of your home that are damaged due to a covered peril.
- Personal property coverage can pay to repair or replace your personal possessions if they are damaged by a covered peril.
- Additional living expenses may cover costs associated with leaving your home if it’s damaged and you are temporarily unable to live in it.
- Personal liability coverage can cover expenses (e.g., legal fees, medical bills) stemming from allegations that you caused third-party property damage or bodily injury.
Property damage due to flooding and other natural disasters is typically excluded from home insurance coverage. Speak to your insurance agent to learn if you live in a high-risk flood zone or to ask about purchasing a separate flood insurance policy or endorsements for other excluded perils.
How Much Homeowners Insurance Do I Need?
The amount of homeowners insurance you need will depend on numerous factors. While there is no one-size-fits-all policy, it is generally recommended that you purchase enough property coverage to rebuild your home and replace all of your possessions. When selecting how much liability coverage you need, you may want to choose enough coverage to protect all of your assets (e.g., savings account, retirement account) if you’re sued.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost?
Multiple factors may affect the cost of your homeowners insurance. Here are some variables your insurance company may look at while determining your premiums:
- Coverage limits and amounts
- Home characteristics
- Claims history
Finding the Right Homeowners Insurance
We’re here to help you find the best homeowners insurance for your needs. Call RKM Insurances Services, Inc. to speak to a homeowners insurance agent today.